Friday, April 10, 2009

Red ranch, Palm Desert, CA














































I've lived in Palm Desert over 33 years now and it wasn't until this year that I even saw this red ranch. It is right off Interstate 10, off the Cook Street exit! I only happened to finally catch a glimpse of red one morning as I was driving to school and I couldn't WAIT until the end of the day to return and take some photos. It turns out the ranch is now empty and deserted, abandoned like so many homes and ranches these days. But, what a life it must have had! It had a huge house (two stories), a pool, a large garage, and some kind of shed. Imagine it in its prime! WOW! There is a mobile home park across the street now and I imagine the property is now zoned for commercial development, since it is only a block away from a very busy freeway interchange. I found a discarded doll and some childrens' toys on my visit. What a sad commentary. I wanted to document it while it is still standing because my next visit, it COULD be gone! Rather than start with my barn photos, I thought I would pay homage to this wonderful red ranch. Enjoy the photos. It may not be around much longer.

1 comment:

  1. Cherly Ann, you are one ambicious blogger! How many blogs do you have? I can barely keep up with two. Sady, one of mine has been sorely neglected! What a sad story about this ranch. This looks like it was once a gorgeous place. I'm glad you are documenting it. Nice series of phtos! You are an acheologist at heart!

    ReplyDelete